There are actually two military career agents - the regular Military Agent and the Advanced Military Agent.
We recommend doing both chains - first the regular agent, then the advanced agent.
The regular Military Agent focuses on teaching you the basics of PvE combat missions
in the chain Cash Flow for Capsuleers. Missions like these are one of the main
ways for making ISK in EVE via PvE combat.
If you get stuck along the way, there’s a video guide to the missions that begins here:
Since the video guide was made in 2014, the older interfaces may look a bit different
from what you see now, but the general steps to complete the mission will be the same.
As you complete this chain, you’ll earn a couple of new ships, some skill books, some
modules, and a good chunk of isk.
Common Stumbling Blocks
- In mission 3 of 10, the Secret Documents will appear in a Cargo Container after you
destroy the Runner Drone. Make sure to loot them before you dock. If you forgot them,
you can return to the Mission location for up to two hours afterwards, and they will still be there.
- In mission 4 of 10, pay attention to your Local chat channel to see when you’ve completed the mission.
- In mission 5 of 10, you need to destroy the pirate.
- In mission 9 of 10, the Narcotics Warehouse may not appear on your overview.
It is one of the man-made structures around the large asteroid.
Search for it visually, and destroy it.
Advanced Military Agent
The Advanced Military Agent focuses on teaching you some of the concepts typically
involved in PvP combat (though the agent’s missions do not actually involve PvP).
This mission chain involves your ship exploding. Leave your valuable items behind in station,
and read all mission text carefully.
We recommend following the UniWiki Advanced Military chain guide to complete
this mission chain.
As you complete this chain, you’ll earn some new ships (including a Destroyer),
some skill books, some modules, and a decent chunk of ISK.
Common Stumbling Blocks
- In mission 2 of 10, your ship will be destroyed. You must use a Frigate.
It does not have to be the one provided to you by the Mission Agent - use whichever you like least.
The ship does not require any modules fit to complete the mission.
- In mission 3 of 10, note that you need to Warp Disrupt the pirate, not destroy them.
- In mission 5 of 10, your ship will be destroyed. You can use any ship;
it must be capable of defeating at least one moderately-tough pirate.
The mission is completable in a properly-fit Corvette, if desired.
- In mission 7 of 10, you can use any weapon to kill the pirate. (This is particularly useful for Caldari, who may not have yet trained the skill required for using Light Missiles.)
- In mission 8 of 10, wait for the Fleet Commander’s orders.
- In mission 9 of 10, note that you must use a Civilian Stasis Webifier like the one provided.
You may have acquired some Stasis Webifier Is from other missions or the Market,
but they will not properly complete the mission.
- In mission 10 of 10, your ship will be unable to warp out unless and until you are victorious.
Make sure your ship is properly fit for battle before you begin.
If you’re unable to destroy the pirate, but the pirate is unable to destroy you,
you can right-click your capacitor and “Self Destruct” to end the stalemate.